without showing the Vatican! And St Peters... it was such a personal and spiritual experience for Jason and me. When we saw the spot where it is thought of Peter to be buried, my heart dropped a little. So validating.
It was just surreal in the vatican, on the week of Easter.... and to see the Sistene Chapel. We didnt get to stay in the chapel as long as we wanted, just because there is NO WAY to take it all in. To think that Michaelangelo's greatest work was one that he didnt want to do.. he considered himself a sculptor, not a painter. Bizarre.
Anyway, check out these and a few more candid shots of Rome before we head to Vernazza.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
we can't leave Rome...
Posted by Courtney and Jason G. at 4:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Bring your pictures...ALL of your pictures when you come to see me. I want stories too!
Wow, so so pretty! I mean, that picture of all those flowers. Beautiful!
xoxo
i feel like i'm looking at magazine pictures...i know yall just keep playing the trip over and over in your minds...that is breath-taking...
I'm so jealous that you got to see so much of the stuff I studied in Art History. One day I will walk down those streets and what a GLORIOUS day it will be! Love you!
Post a Comment