



I dont have words to describe this place.... I will tell you this. I was on the train between Rome and the Cinque Terre, and we would come out of the tunnels, aka mountains, and for a split second I would see this coastline of rocks and ocean, and it would literally take my breath. I have never seen any place on Earth that even remotely compares to this. And it was just as magical as it looks. There are 5 towns in the Cinque Terre, and the only way between them is to hike... or take the train. We stayed in town #4 Vernazza "The jewel of the Cinque Terre", according to Rick Steves, and Kendy Kosko.
We arrived on Friday afternoon, met some Americans at the trattorria and decided to all eat dinner together. We ate this amazing 4 course meal gulfside.... I had sardines, and Jason had veal. On Saturday we got up early and grabbed a piece of Foccacia, the best I have ever eaten, and began our hike. These pictures are between cities on our hike through the mountains. It was 10 miles total and took us about 6 hours with a 1 hour lunch in Monterosso.
That night we had another amazing meal and headed back to hotel Gianni, where we spent the night, woke up on Sunday (Easter... so peaceful, and everything around you reflecting the Creator) it was almost transcendent.
Anyway, these pictures are my meager attempt to capture paradise.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Ah, Vernazza........
Posted by Courtney and Jason G. at 3:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
ahhhhh......
Post a Comment