">"Italy, and the spring and first love all together should suffice to make the gloomiest person happy." --Bertrand Russell
I am so sorry it has taken me so long. My pics are 10 mgs a piece and sizing them and etc, has been a mini nightmare... especially because I have three hundred or so. But, you arent going to see THAT many. And also, I should disclaimer that within minutes of arrival my CHI, complete with a European outlet, fried. I was distraught. I butchered my Italian along the aisles of a supermarket until I found Nivea mousse and some type of men's hairgel. Not a whole lot of extra product can fit into a 25 pound backpack, so it was slim pickens and my hair was terrible.
When we arrived in Rome, we were greeted by this amazing Roman women who was renting her flat to us for the time we were there. She was exactly as you would think a Roman woman would be... TALL, graceful, beautiful, accomplished, TRI-lingual (French, English and Italian). I felt like we were walking around on a movie set the entire time we were there... so surreal. And I know that I was only over there 11 days, but you cant go across the world and come back to America the same. I think I expected a lot out of this trip... and I definitely got it... a different perspective spiritually, for our country and a renewed appreciation and love for my sweet husband.
Rome made all of my senses come alive. The atmosphere, the history... and just the general attitude of the country was infectious. The Panethon, Coliseum, and my fave, the trevi (my fave), the vatican and St Peters (those two get their own post).. all were amazing. And, jason and I fell in love again... with the gelato. And the Piazzas, and the live music, and the fountains, and the walking night trail and with Rick Steves.
Enjoy Rome... then on to Vernazza!
<
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Rome: Days 1-3
Posted by Courtney and Jason G. at 8:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, those are incredible pictures. I love how you said you & jason fell in love again...with the gelato. you're hilarious. I can't wait to see more!
xoxo
isn't it wonderful? the pictures are great...and it sounds like you had the same hair experience that i did...
i can't wait to see vernazza....my favorite place on earth...that's where john and i fell in love again...i can't wait to go back..your pictures will make me long for it....
i am so happy that you had a good time...and safe travel....did you get your bags?
ps. gelato is my favorite food....
let's talk soon ;)
YEA!!! I have to agree with Rhondi--I laughed at the "love of gelato". But, I have to say, I really loved how you said you have a new appreciation for your Jason. It was all worth the trip for that one comment, uhh?!? Thank you so much for being a great blogger and sharing your trip of a lifetime with all of us! Hugs to you both...
Post a Comment