If it's good enough for Phil Dunfee....... (see video below from Modern Family.)
Just to let you know, I went to Best Buy and played around with it, just so I could give it somewhat of a real review. No, really, I have gone back and forth over this, and read reviews and have taken opinions from my mackie friends, and my verdict is...
Gimmick.
I just cannot find a real NEED for this gadget. It's a great marriage of computer, the touch and iphone, but if you have 1 of those products, why would you need this one too? And as far as typing... do you really want to type on a flat pad?
I dont.
And, just to get on a personal tangent... I dont think anything in the world replaces reading a real book with real pages. Now, I would LOVE to own a kindle- I enjoy reading and am now getting back into it after 18 months of pre pregnancy and post pregnancy books. but as far as reading to my kiddos-- I just cant imagine finger scanning Peter Rabbit. Call me an old soul.... :)
And lets admit it... It's an awkward size. Too heavy to hold in one hand...but not quite big enough to hold with one hand and navigate with another. And I havent seen really cute carrying cases for it. Hellllooooo, where are those?
You know, it may be good for someone, but it just not a product for me.
Take it away Phil....
2 comments:
modern favorite=my favorite show
my dad won one and i played with it for about 5 minutes and loved it! definitely not a must have but for me, a nice to have...put a nice, snazzy cover on it and throw it in your purse and have a computer with you anywhere you go — without feeling like you have a 40 lbs weight on your shoulder!!
Post a Comment