
I loved my wedding registry time- picking out dishes, home decor, pillows and even jason picked out some board games (which he received...) but this BABY registry is really throwing me for a loop. I have wonderful friends who have emailed me suggestions and lists, and opinions and I have a HUGE file folder that I am taking with me on Saturday when Jason and I head to the stores.
Um, can we just pause to say I will be 25 weeks this Saturday. (Insert gasp here) I cant believe it either...
Anyway, I am totally overwhelmed, and consumer reports can only get you so far...
Anyone have any tips? Leave them here- as I will print your opinions and add them to my ever growing file folder.
:)
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Registry
Posted by Courtney and Jason G. at 8:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Robeez, Diaper Genie, Wipe Warmer, cute baby bag (a mom has every right to be trendy), stroller (a good one like chicco or if you really want to go lux bugaboo)...I say go for it and register for it all. If you don't get it no biggie. That's just me though :)
My only other suggestion would be to focus on the newborn basics first and then worry about the snack traps, sippy cups, utensils, etc...later on. you won't need those for months. as far as bottles go i would get 2 or three different brands of single bottles and keep them in your packages. you may have to try a few before you find one the little bug likes. if he likes the first one you pull out then you can still return the others. oh, and last thing, get the soothies pacifiers. they aren't cute at all, but they are one piece which makes them really easy to clean and sterilize. also, this is the pacifier they will give him in the hospital nursery. that's all! let me know if you need any more help!
Court, I feel your pain!! It was such an overwhelming process!
Do register for a Diaper Champ (NOT a Genie)and I'm a firm supporter of Playtex Drop In's bottle system, they've been great.
Happy 25 wks (WOW)...
Good luck!! :)
The two things I couldn't have live without.
1. A very good swing(very important)
2. Video monitor (so worth the extra money) Mrs. Jan got us ours for a baby gift and we still us it.
Also, if you are gonna nurse...invest in a GOOD pump. I have a Medela and it is great!
The two things I would have made it without.
1. A good swing (more important than you can understand ...at least for now.)
2. video monitor (was worth the extra money. We still us our today)
Also, if you are gonna nurse, get a GOOD pump, I have a Medela and I like it.
i agree with the good pump for nursing. and with lindsay about not worrying about sippy cups and such. maybe just register for one or two, but not tons. we always used avent with dillon and isaac didn't have anything to do with avent. the mam pacis are great as well. do get a swing and a bouncy seat with a vibrator.
oh, and also a bug-a-roo sling, of course ;) good luck!
I had a list but it got a bit outdated and then I lost it when my Dell died. Here are a few things I love:
2 Red Hens Diaper Bag
Chicco High Chair
Graco Pack n Play w Newborn Napper (others are heavy)
Fisher Price bouncy seat
Halo Sleep Sacks
Stroller - get something lightweight like Graco Metrolite. you will lift that thing out of the car every time...
I have an opinion on everything so if you want to ask me about something, please do :)
My favorite baby gear:
1. Summer Video Monitor: Still use is and has been SO helpful! Absolutley worth the money in my opinion.
2. Ultimate Crib Sheet: they snap around the crib spindles on top of your real crib sheet and when baby has accident's at 2am you don't have to fumble with changing the entire sheet (and let me tell you it's a REAL PAIN to do).. you just snap it off and snap a new one on!
We went with the graco frame stroller and LOVED it. IT's so light weight and the graco infant snugride carseat snaps right in. Everyone has different opinions about strollers and it was the most overwhelming decision to me. Just go with what seems to work best for you!
www.saranorrisltd.com
for your extra special things!!!!
Love the name!!!
Post a Comment