Sunday, March 29, 2009

What a week!



Well, last Saturday Night Mom called me and said- "HEY, It's Lindsey's Spring Break this week and I think we are going to go to the beach... wanna go?" Jason and I were at the Grizzlies game in Memphis with the Wenzels when she called.

Fortunately I can pick up my computer and go work wherever there is wireless internet. Soooooooo, I went!

Of course, I wasnt prepared for such an on-the-fly trip to the beach... with the proper bathing suit attire to accomodate my ever growing bellie- so first thing was for me to find a suit! No-one prepared me for this. Like, no chapter in all of my books said- prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
I was half horrified/half hysterical in the dressing room of a fine maternity retail store and tried on MAYBE 30 bathing suits. and I have one question for you.... WHY? WHY are there so many BAD choices in maternity?
- My presh gave me this book Rock Star Momma when I first find out that we were expecting- and I have come to adore it. It was funny that HE gave it to me, but he knows I love my fashion- or he wants me to look good for the largest part (literally) of my life.

So, after an hour I found one that will get me though the remainder of the summer... you know we are such water people... what's a girl to do? Lucky for you, I didnt get a picture of me in it.. shucks.... but I found it online. *check out those nails.



**side note: Do expectant mothers burn easier? Any testimonies?

The weather was partly sunny- and windy. In normal beach times (non-prego) I would lather on an 8, or 15 SPF, pack a lunch and be down there all day. On Tuesday, I was there for MAYBE 3 hours, and came up for another bottle of water *hydrate! and Dan said, Whoa, your feet!
Um, they were a nice shade of magenta. Not to mention, they started to swell. By dinner time, I could hardly make it out of the car! Again, unprepared. Seriously- it was the WORST I have ever burned on my feet.


Overall- it was a GREAT trip- thanks mom! AND I am just getting used to all that comes with this little one.

Speaking of, apparently BG (baby goolsby) is a basketball fan. In Memphis with the Wenzels, we had gotten tickets to the Grizzlies/Celtics game. AND, I felt him. I had to stop what I was doing and just thank God for that miracle. So then it was about a week until I felt him again- and luckily Jason was here to feel it too. (My placenta is on top so my doc said it might take longer for me to feel him) It's so crazy.....

Ok, finally- just wanted to show you the latest addition to his stash. Isn't this the sweetest thing you've ever seen? I know it's frilly- but he's only a little bitty baby once. And of course, I know not every baby sleeps in a bassinet, but we're going to try.... whatever works right?

9 comments:

Kami said...

You felt him! And, so did Jason?!? How exciting!

Your trip sounds like a blast.

Love the bassinet! Prec!

Michael and Crissie said...

Oh my, yes pregnancy will make you burn. I got the bright idea to get some sun on our deck on afternoon before Taylor was born. I missed work for two days after because I was so swollen and burned. Nobody warns you about that!

Kellie Berry said...

So glad you got to do that! we do need to see progressive ever growing belly pic. cute suit, of course....sweet bassinet! you're right, whatever works! by the way...you look great...that pregnancy glow they talk about...you've got it!

the williams said...

i love the bassinet! so, my feet swelled like CRAZY with dillon, but good news for you, they didn't at all with isaac, so every pregnancy is different. but, th doc told me to watch my salt intake and drink more water than i thought i needed. like double what normal pregnant women need. i hope you're feeling well!! let me know if you need anything!

Rhondi said...

OMG, your feet look like my Nana's. Were they swollen b/c you were so dehydrated? Poor footsies.

So great that you're feeling him now! So exciting.
xoxo

The Kosko Family said...

a. you are so pretty
b. MATERNITY BATHING SUITS ARE EVIL....although i did find a couple of cute ones at target.....
c. those feet!!!!! omgoodness.....i don't remember burning easier (i always burn pretty easily), but i do know that the "mask of pregnancy" can show up more with sun exposure....i never had it, but i've known girls that did....
d. LOVE the bassinet....
e. can you believe we leave friday for switzerland? we must talk....

Zach Cordell said...

um, beach trip sounds like so much fun! do you realize how much you and your sister look alike? crazy! she's off to college this year right? where to? after...UT and then Union for sure...looks like Grace is going to end up at MC. Anyway, you do look great! Let me know what you find out about pregos burning easy...i'm heading down with the fam in June...not sure how i feel about that and being pregnant. take care

The Walton Family said...

How awesome that you guys felt him!! Love love the bassinet!! I can only imagine how decked out his room is going to be with such a fashionable mommy!!

You're feet looked miserable - hope they're better now. And as a side note...love the shoes in the background! :)

Can't wait to see you guys soon! We're getting new carpet put down just for your visit! (And cuz the old carpet is really grossing me out lately!!)

The Hugheys said...

Cute suit! :) I'm not looking forward to that either....