I will say, that sometimes the smallest things amaze me. Baffle, even. And these my friends, are two of those things.
1. I have tried for years to find a product that will adequately clean my lampshades. I realize that during the perils of being a wife/homemaker/domestic diva that there are way more important issues... dry cleaning/handwashing, drape steaming, etc. but the lampshades have always stumped me.
UNTIL NOW...
I came across REAL SIMPLE, which i love, and found the article of 101 uses for everyday items. And there it was... "Clean your lampshades with a lint roller". Ladies, it has revolutionized my cleaning routine. 
2. We got a vacuum as a wedding present 3 years ago and it has tapped out. And yes, we do have a golden that we OCCASIONALLY let inside, but this didnt lead to the demise of the vacuum. It wasnt a great brand and hasnt done anything but frustrate me. So, after Christmas Jason headed to Sears and came home with this Kenmore Progressive. I never knew I could be so obsessed with vacuuming! It has this amazing feature called intelliclean. There is a bar of lights on the vacuum ranging from dirty to clean... RED to GREEN. SO, when your floor was red- keep going, and if you leave it in the spot it will turn green eventually. Of course, you get obsessed with your floor being GREEN so you want to vacuum all the time.
Anyway, its so quiet and easy to push... I love it. Again, genius.
Anyone else have any genius gadgets or home tricks?
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
genius.
Posted by Courtney and Jason G. at 1:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i don't know if i already sent this, but if not, here ya go! i saw in real simple as well to cut a tennis ball in half using an exacto knife and use it to open stubborn jars. i will definitely be trying it soon!
i've gotten a million great ideas from real simple....love that mag....
still sad about cottage living...
and those photos were taken with my macbook....it's not new, though...we got it right after caroline was born....it is my favorite material possession....
love you, friend.
hey, i have a useful recycling idea. if you need to tame those endless grocery plastic bags, stuff them into a used papertowel tube. it really saves on space, too! aren't the roller brushes great? in the pet section, target has the wide roller brushes which are great for the carpet.
Post a Comment